Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My "happening" Ah Ma.. =)

This trip back to BP during the Raya break was good. Had a nice long chat with Ah Ma. And took more photos of her.. She's really "happening" - she loves to pose, and knowing that cameras are now digital, she asks to see each photo to approve whether or not she looks good enough for "printing" and posting.. =)

I simply love this shot. Ah Ma has a very sweet and serene look on her. At 97, she epitomises style and beauty.












I attempted this shot many times, each time Ah Ma told me to try again, cos she didn't smile "nice enough". She's so cute, lar.










Ah Ma telling me that her hands no longer have "prints" and lines anymore. "It's all smoothed out now.." she tells me in Hokkien. I tell her it's still as soft and supple as a baby's skin.

The jade ring on her finger, she's had it for over 50 years. Grampa lost all her jewellery during one of their trips, and bought this ring for her in return.



My favourite shot of all!

We were all in stitches, cos Ah Ma wanted to pose for this shot. She kissed me for a good 2 minutes cos the camera-woman (aka mum) initially couldn't locate the small digital viewfinder, and when she did, she couldn't contain her giggles.. =) Mum had a hard time keeping the camera stable..