Thursday, October 18, 2007

Coconut water: A simple act of love

Guest Blogger: YY
Specially dedicated to my lovely wife,


From Wikipedia dictionary:

- The white, fleshy part of the seed is edible and used fresh or dried in cooking.

- The cavity is filled with coconut water which contains sugar, fibre, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.

- Coconut water provides an isotonic electrolyte balance, and is a highly nutritious food source.

- It is used as a refreshing drink throughout the humid tropics and is also used in isotonic sports drinks.

On a warm evening in Batu Pahat where we spent our Raya break...

It’s a simple act of walking her to a stall 1km away to quench our thirst with coconut drink…

It’s a short 10mins sitting down by the dusty roadside stall and sharing one freshly opened coconut…

It’s a relatively short distance compared to the amount of energy I would spend in jungle trekking, jogging or on a futsal pitch… it sweats much less…

Its frequency is less than the airport taxi I take in a month for my work.

It’s just not something I will naturally do as a way to spend “quality time” with her J

But I know it meant something for her…

For countless time she would fondly recall how her dad prepares coconut water while singing “coconut water, good for my daughter” – I trust those were the moments of tender love and care and edged such lasting memory for a young soul.

Years later God brought a big guy into her life… to care for her as a loving husband and to be the pillar of strength in the face of adversity…

To love her for who she is, to appreciate everything about her, and to help her to become a woman after God’s heart..

In loving what she loves and treasuring what she treasures I found a way to truly connect with her heart.

In years to come my prayer is that the things we do together will be treasured moments for our lives…

Even in simple thing like enjoying coconut drink…



Love you, honey


YY