Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank You, Lord..

It's been ages since i last put my thoughts into this blog. Guess it's about time.. =)

Much has happened since the last i blogged. And there's just so much to thank God for.

For one, I have since conceived, and am now expecting a 24week baby boy, whom we've decided to name Euan (pronounced Yoo-ann) which means gracious gift of God. For truly, he is a gift from God.

Just the other day, i was clearing up my room (in preparation for Euan's arrival - whilst i'm still very energetic these days), i found a receipt of the test kit purchased. Even that little piece of paper was able to move me to tears. Tears of thankfulness. Because it reminded me of the many many negative test kits i've seen. And the 3 and a half years of long wait and prayers - that God may grant me the desire to be a mummy.

Even as i write this, i know of many sisters who are trying to have children of their own or have recently experienced miscarriage. I fully emphatise with them. The long wait is torturous, few can imagine. Losing a baby is even worse. The feelings of hopes dashed and joys shortlived can be devastating.

However, only God is our strength and refuge. This gift of Euan is a reminder to me (and hopefully to these sisters as well) that God is ever faithful, and He WILL fulfill the promises made in His time.

I have another 4 months to go before i get to see little Euan but with each kick and move he makes, i am reminded and thankful for this little gift of life.

Thank You, Lord.

PS: Thank you to the many wonderful people who've always been praying for us, and for encouraging us to keep looking to the Lord every step of the way. We're forever grateful for you. =)