Saturday, July 18, 2009

Grateful

I'm deeply grateful for brothers and sisters to walk this tough journey alongside with me.

At each valley of my life, i have been blessed with faithful friends who have come alongside to love, to uphold, to carry and to pray for me.

Many have asked, " so how are you feeling?" Well, i'd be honest, it has been very tough, exceedingly painful emotionally.

Our hearts still ache. The worst days were probably the first few days, it was overwhelming grief, and wrenching anguish. It is better now that we have surrendered it all to the Lord, but nevertheless, it still aches deep inside. More so because YY & I had prayed for a child for the past 3 long years. It wasn't just having our dreams and our hopes broken and dashed. It was losing a child- a precious, hopeful one. It was sudden and it was devastating.

Those who have lost someone precious and dear to them would understand. Imagine having someone so very precious to you, and losing this someone so suddenly, without having a chance to ever pour more of your love on this side of heaven to that someone. I know that to some, it's just an 9 week old foetus. But to us, it was a child prayed for, a child given and a child loved. Even for that short 9 weeks (for us it was 5 weeks of delight and joy), our hearts had been won over as we saw growth and the beating heart.

We don't know if the wounds will ever heal, or if our tears will ever run dry. But we're grateful for the hopeful and blessed assurance that our baby's in heaven. And someday we'll see her (or him).

Let me share with you a song that has been a comfort to me and YY.

Song: I Have A Maker (By Tommy Walker)

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in His
hands

Chorus:
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go


Thank you for your love. Thank you for ur prayers. We covet them more than ever before.