Saturday, May 31, 2008

An eventful May

It's been a long eventful month of May.

Me birthday was sweet, (still coming to terms that i am inching nearer to the end of my 20s). Apart from the sweet poem for my birthday and a yummy bowl of hot longevity noodles from my hubby, i got a 30month gym membership from him as a birthday gift.. =) Ha..ha.. he's trying to help me keep looking youthful, i guess. =)

Bro left for NZ for work. I miss him quite a bit.. Particularly so when he's going to be there alone.. Wish NZ was just an hour's flight away or something like that.. But i do know that God has a marvellous plan for his life to have given him this opportunity..

Same day that my bro flew off to NZ, someone broke into my house and stole my precious laptop and new DSLR camera. The most heartbreaking thing was to losing these less-than-1-year things which were bought with very hard-earned savings... Also heartbreaking was losing quite a number of photos, which were very recently taken. Thank God, though, that many others were backed up elsewhere.. Anyway, I thank God we weren't at home, and that no one was hurt and nothing else was stolen.

So this kinda explains the silence from blogging the past few months, and my complete ignorance of the fellow bloggers' life around..

Thank GOd for an opportunity to travel to Taiwan with my colleagues on a company trip. It was a very nice short holiday for us.. and THank God for Phylli who so graciously lent me her D70, and my ex-colleague KK, who lent me his 55-200mmzoom lense. I couldn't imagine travelling without a Nikon DSLR.. =)

The month is coming to an end. So much has happened around the world and even close to home. With all these never-before events unfurling, i can't help but know the end is coming soon, and we each have to be faithful to the calling and faith that we profess. BUt then again, it is for such a time as this that we have been bron, and for such a time as this, that God has called us to be His own - shining, glowing, living for His purpose and His glory!

God bless.