Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love Letter to Euan (II)

Written on 15th June 2010

To my darling Euan

Words simply cannot describe the overwhelming joy and sense of relief to have you finally (!) in our arms.

The delivery has been long and tiring, but the sheer joy of holding you in our arms after the long 17 hours of labour is simply amazing.

Thank God for His hand upon you and mummy through out the labour and delivery. Dr Boon Nee and the midwives were so great, and encouraging. Daddy was wonderful too, he kept on encouraging mummy through out the whole process.

You are simply beautiful. I had a shock this morning when the nurse wheeled you in for me to nurse you. All these while, your eyes have been closed, opening just a slight bit to look at us and your face has been rather puffy. But early this morning, you opened your gorgeous big eyes and stared right at me. I had to ask the nurse if you were really my son. How hilarious, now as i think of it. =)

You have a beautiful cry. Almost as if you're singing. =)

In short, we thank God for such a beautiful, adorable little baby.

We love you, little darling.