Friday, May 07, 2010

My Birthday Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank You for all the blessings You've poured in my life. I don't think i can ever find the words to thank You enough. This year, I'm exceptionally grateful, for Your gift of Euan to both YY and me. It's been a birthday wish and prayer for many years. And with each day and week, as we "see" him grow strong and healthy in my womb, anticipation and excitement builds to the day we will welcome him to our home.

Lord, we are deeply grateful for this child. I used to wonder when the day would come, when i would be able to say like Hannah in the bible, "For this child i prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which i asked of Him." Now as i utter it to You, it comes with a profound sense of gratitude, etched deep within my heart, knowing and experiencing Your faithfulness.

The journey ahead is not an easy one, i know, but by Your grace, O Lord, my birthday prayer this year and the many years to come is that You will help me be a great mother. As Ah Di wrote in his card for me, "He who has given you this child is well able to take care of him." And with that in my heart, I entrust and dedicate Euan to You, Lord - the mighty God who has answered my prayers. And Lord, Euan's name will always be a reminder to me & YY that he is a gracious gift from You.

Thank You for Your love to me. Thank You for Your grace so free.
Amen.